December 2, 2012

Chapter 8 Chick Magnet

  Don Lothario sauntered into the tavern.  He passed the empty dance floor and went straight for the drink.  No sooner had he sat down, then a swish of skirts settled in next to him.
  She followed me here?  This is no place for an unattended woman.
  "What is a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?"
  "I - I saw you walk in."
  Well, I can't blame a woman for following me can I?

  "Barkeep?  A drink for the lady."
  "I'm not a lady...I mean...I am just a merchant woman."
  "Are you saying your not ladylike?"
  "No!" Tara replied in alarm.
  "I intend to keep you that way.  Barkeep, I'd like a drink when I return."
  "Come along Tara."
  She looked like she wanted to protest, but came along just the same.
  "Driver?  See that Tara arrives home safely."
  Tara blushed deeply.
  "Tara this is a place fit for single men, couples, and ladies less virtuous then yourself.  Far be it from me than to treat a lady less than honorably."
  Tara smiled tentatively.
  A shame to send her home....but I can't be blamed for ruining a woman's reputation.  What was she thinking?  Coming to a place like this unattended.  Now if she'd asked me to accompany her before arriving....ah well.
  "Me ale ready?"
  "I thought ye might want it fresh."
  "Good man."
  "The women follow ye round like flies Lothario."
  "What can I say?"
  "Don...your looking...tasty."
  A thrill ran up Don's spine.  He hopped off the stool.  He turned around grinning.  The grin didn't last long.
  "Nina!  Even a peasant woman should not dress like that."
  "It's completely proper fer a whore."
  "Beatin' me won't change it Don."
  "So ye have gone and done it?"
  "I told ye!  Michael up and died leaving me poor sister a widow.  So I told her 'twere all right 'cause I'd start us up a brothel!"
  "I told ye I would make ye both my mistresses once I was married to the princess."
  "And then you done walked away from it now didn't ye."
  "Is this the way ye treat a man who loves ye?"
  "Come on by Don.  I can show ye how I treat a man who loves me."
  She cringed but wouldn't keep her silence.
  "What were we supposed to do Don?"
  "Brandi Broke, she's a widow, and she ain't whoring herself out!"
  "So ye met my friend Brandi?  She's been asked to join us..."
  "Ye filthy whore!"
  Lothario left lest he strike her a third time.
  "Ye know ye want me!" she called.  "Ye know it Don!  Ye know ye do!"
  She was right.  He did want her.  He wanted her bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment