January 12, 2013

Chapter 14 The Fool

  Johnny leaned against the railing.  There was no use trying to win over Lady Olive with Lord Nervous around.
  Wait, what is he doing?

  No, no he wouldn't.  He wouldn't dare.
  "Lord Nervous, I do not see an unusual bird.  Might you point it out to me again?"  Lady Olive asked cordially.
  Johnny was shocked.  Only a fool would treat Lady Olive so.
  To even pretend...
    A terrible thing to do to any lady, but this is Olive Specter!  I cannot bare to watch.
  Laughter reached Johnny's ears, first the foolish laughter of Lord Nervous, then a short noble laugh from Lady Olive.
  She laughs?  She laughs?
  Why is it that this man who lacks social graces is endured by the intolerant Lady Olive?
  Oh Ophelia, my poor love.  Why is it you did not come with your aunt today?  Is she treating you well?  I shall remember you in my prayers tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment